Do you really need a credit card, or can you get through life paying cash for everything? It is possible to function financially without a credit card, but having at least one or two in your wallet is a good idea. Credit cards can provide emergency funds, help you finance big purchases and protect you from fraud. Using a credit card responsibly is also a great way to build credit.
What Are the Benefits of Having a Credit Card?
Credit cards can help you do a lot more than just buy things. Here are some other benefits of having a credit card.
By giving you an opportunity to show how well you manage credit, credit cards are a useful tool to build credit. Most credit card issuers will report your payment activity and account information to the three consumer credit bureaus: Experian, TransUnion and Equifax. Because credit cards give you the flexibility to pay your full balance each month or just pay the minimum, they are a good indicator of how well you manage credit. When you make all your payments on time and avoid maxing out your credit limit, credit cards can help you build a solid credit history.
1. Yatra SBI Credit Card
The State Bank of India (SBI) and Yatra have partnered to offer Yatra SBI Credit Card, which is one of the best travel credit cards in India at present. Apart from offers on domestic and international travel, this card has multiple benefits in store for the cardholders.
Benefits of Yatra SBI Credit Card:
- Vouchers worth Rs.8,250 from Yatra as a welcome gift. Use the card within 30 days of availing it to get Rs.100 worth cashback.
- Spend up to Rs.1 lakh in a year to avail annual fee waiver from the second year.
- Get 6 reward points on every Rs.100 that you spend on departmental stores, dining, grocery, movies, and entertainment.
- Avail 1 point on every Rs.100 spent on other retail stores.
- Points can be redeemed for Yatra vouchers.
- Get a discount of Rs.1,000 on domestic flight bookings on Yatra. Your minimum transaction has to be Rs.5,000.
- Get a discount of Rs.4,000 on domestic flight bookings on Yatra. Your minimum transaction has to be Rs.40,000.
- Get 20% off on domestic hotels booked at Yatra. Your minimum transaction has to be Rs.3,000. The maximum discount you can get is Rs.2,000.
- Enjoy access to airport lounges in India.
- Enjoy 1% surcharge waiver on Rs.500 to Rs.3,000 worth fuel purchases.
2. IndusInd Bank Platinum Credit Card
This premium credit card is ideal for people who wish to live a posh life. It offers multiple lifestyle and dining benefits to the cardholders.
Benefits of IndusInd Bank Platinum Credit Card
- Earn 1.5 Reward Points on every Rs.150 that you spend using the IndusInd Bank Platinum Credit Card.
- Enjoy complimentary golf lessons and games at golf courses in India.
- Avail discounts on movie tickets when you book using this card on BookMyShow.
- Enjoy complimentary Priority Pass and get access to airport lounges in India and abroad.
- Enjoy benefits under the Travel Plus Program.
- Avail Travel Insurance cover and enjoy 24×7 concierge services. The card’s Total Protect feature will protect you from fraudulent transactions.
- Avail free air accident cover up to Rs.25 lakh.
- Avail services during an emergency through the bank’s 24×7 Auto Assist Facility.
3.YES Prosperity Edge Credit Card
This YES Prosperity Edge Credit Card allows you to earn while you spend and you can enjoy rounds at select golf courses in India.
Benefits of YES Prosperity Edge Credit Card
- You get 15,000 as bonus reward points when your spends reach Rs.6 lakh or more in every anniversary year
- Earn 4 reward points for every Rs.200 that you spend in all categories other than ‘Select categories’ (You can check the YES Bank website for more details).
- Get 2 reward points for every Rs.200 you spend on select categories (You can check the YES Bank website for more details).
- Get 4 complimentary rounds per calendar year at select Golf courses in the country.
- You enjoy one complimentary golf lesson every calendar month at select golf courses.